TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
FOC! FURNITURE ON CONSIGNMENT
1. We accept a wide variety of goods on consignment. We’ll help you decide on an
on-floor price and if we agree to take your goods we’ll display them in our retail
2. We operate on a 60/40 basis. That’s 60%* to you and 40% to the shop +GST.
Because the GST is only payable on our 40% commission, there is a 4% GST
component in the sale, which you can take into account when setting the sell price
(also see item 5 & 12 below).
3. If the goods do not sell at the agreed floor price beforehand, we will communicate
alloffers from customers to you on your mobile phone by message or SMS text. You
can either accept the offer, reject the offer or fix another price.
4. We have a high success rate but sometimes certain goods do not attract a buyer.
Whilst you may arrange to collect the goods at any time, if the goods are unsold after
a 6-8 week period you agree that we can reduce the floor price by up to 20%. If the
goods do not attract a buyer after a further period at the reduced price, you agree that
we can reduce the item further.
5. When the goods are sold we will pay you the sell price less the commission and GST
(ie 56% of the sell price) by EFT directly into your bank account within 30 days.
6. You must own the goods and have full power to sell them. (If you act for someone else
please provide proof of your power to sell).
7. The cost of and arranging of transport to our showroom is the responsibility of the
Seller. We can help with names of local carriers.
8. The cost of and arranging of transport from our showroom if the goods are unsold, is
the responsibility of the Seller.
9. FOC cannot be responsible for any loss or damage to the goods while in transit or
during loading and unloading.
10. While care is taken, we cannot be responsible for any errors in description of the
11. By delivering the goods to our showroom means you agree with these terms.
12. The Australian Tax Office published advice is that GST is not payable by the Seller on
the full sell price of the goods unless the Seller is registered for GST and in the
business of selling goods of the type consigned, in which case the paying of the GST
on the sell price is the responsibility of the Seller.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.